Heber-Overgaard remains a tranquil mountain community of about 2,700 year-round residents. Just over two hours from Phoenix, Heber-Overgaard retains a small-town feel and cohesive feeling of community.
Our students regularly score at or above the state average on standardized assessments, which is a testament to our exceptional teaching staff, our hard-working students, and our dedicated families and community members. We have programs in place and resources available to help our students become 21st century learners and leaders.
Our Mission & Goals
Our district-wide adopted mission statement reflects our goals:
- Schools are for children
- Schools are people developers
- Schools belong to the community
- Self-effort educates
We offer outstanding educational services for our community’s students in our four schools serving children in kindergarten through high school. Our students have access to state-of-the art technology and a variety of extra-curricular activities. Visit our school web pages for more information.
Though we may live in a small town, our students certainly don’t want for quality resources and facilities.
- Three sites span 65 acres with 13 buildings
- Generous open areas with playing fields
- Lighted football field
- Fully-equipped weight room
- Welding shop
- Land Lab with greenhouse
- Computers in every classroom
- Media centers, fine arts, indoor physical education facilities, and computer learning opportunities
- College classes available in the evenings through Northland Pioneer College