We make every effort to offer our employees the most competitive benefits package possible. We do this to ensure employees are healthy and happy and can take care of themselves and their families with as little out-of-pocket cost as possible.
The district pays 100 percent of the cost of basic individual medical insurance benefits for full-time contracted employees. Employees may choose to upgrade coverage and/or add dependents to coverage for additional cost. The district will pick up a portion of this cost for medical and dental coverage.
Employees may participate in the following plans and/or programs on a voluntary basis:
- VSP vision insurance
- Trustmark Voluntary Benefit Solution
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tax-deferred investment plans
- 10 days of sick leave each year (five of which may be used for personal leave)
- 12 days of sick leave (five of which may be used for personal leave)
- 20 days of annual leave
- 10 month support staff – 10 days of sick leave (five of which may be used for personal leave)
- 12 month support staff – 12 days of sick leave (five of which may be used for personal leave)
- All leave accrues according to the employee contract hours.
Additional compensation is available through Proposition 301 and the Classroom Site Fund Performance Based Pay Plan.
Contracted employees with a minimum of one day unused sick leave or personal leave may receive compensation for those days when they leave the district, at a rate of $10 to $25 per day.
The district is a member of the Arizona State Retirement System and participates in the early retirement program. This allows school employees who are younger than 70 years old to retire while receiving a benefit that recognizes their contribution to the district. Employees must meet specific requirements, including having worked in the district a minimum of 10 years.